I hadn't heard of one, but it wouldn't have surprised me if there was one in Dungannon. Theres guy in the KKK down there that has a get together for members every so often.
Was it in gate city? Well I guess its still going on, good thing I missed it, always thought my anger would get the best of me if I was ever around them.
I hadn't heard of one, but it wouldn't have surprised me if there was one in Dungannon. Theres guy in the KKK down there that has a get together for members every so often.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Didn't hear anything about one recently.
Two klan stories....
There was one in BSG in the late 80's, my friend Ricky (who is black) and me watched it go by while seated on one of the benches at Miner park. I remember neither of us had much to say as they went by, we just sort of watched. Then as the last one passed by he said something like, "well, they were more funny than scary." We just laughed and got up and rode off.
Nothing to see here, move along......
A couple of years later an elderly woman I had known my enter life had a son who was involved in some Klan meetings and the such. I ran into them one day and she said, "Markie (she always called me Markie) who won't believe what (insert sons name here) did to me." I asked her what he had done while glancing at him, he was kind of hanging his head and shuffling his feet.
She continued "He said he wanted to go to a parade and wanted me to drive him (he had lost his license). It was in Gate City and on the way over I asked him what type of parade it was? He mumbled something and I thought he said CLOWNS. Well....when we got there it sure was a bunch of clowns!"
Bless her heart she's gone now, but I always smile when I think about that.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
Its either going on right now or about an hour ago. Pics and status updates all over facebook, said at the courthouse. I figure its that same bunch from dungannon.
Oh lord. What an embarrassment to the region that such an organization exists.
Yep I just saw pics from a friends facebook page as well. What idiots.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
There's a KKK member who comes in Books-A-Million all the time. KKK hat, belt buckle, denim jacket, denim shirts. Super, super, super nice and polite guy (probably because I'm white).
But those Dungannon rallies are hilarious.
Heres a link to the Times News story. Ku Klux Klan holds rally on steps of courthouse in Gate City - Kingsport Times-News Online
I like that their reasoning was to question why 3 boys were accused of smoking pot at Twin Springs and suspended.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I was actually in GC today and drove by the courthouse as this was breaking up. Wondered why there were so many people in town on a Saturday. After reading the story on the Times website a few minutes ago, it sounds like they were just looking for a reason to get their "attire" out to wear.
Bookmarks